Anthony S. Churchward
Mr. Churchward's legal career began at the Allen County Prosecuting Attorney's office where he tried cases in both the Misdemeanor and Felony divisions. While serving as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, he was exposed to a wide variety of cases ranging from violent crimes to misdemeanor and financial offenses, during which time he gained invaluable experience that he applies to his current practice.
Mr. Churchward came to Leonard, Hammond, Thoma and Terrill in 2000 and immediately began working for his clients with the same dedication that he displayed as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. During his tenure he has litigated many high-profile cases, including the Murder cases involving Fort Wayne Police officer, Gentry Mosley, and more recently, Rodney Houser in Columbia City. He has also been part of the death-penalty defense teams for Ronrico Hatch and Simon Rios. Mr. Churchward not only defends clients in all counties in Northeast Indiana, but also accepts Federal cases in the United States District Court.
In addition to his criminal defense and general civil practice, Mr. Churchward has also established an excellent family law and employment law practice. He can advocate for you in a wide variety of family law cases involving divorce, custody, child support, paternity and adoptions. Further, Mr. Churchward can assist you if you believe that you have been the victim of employment discrimination or workplace harassment.
Areas of Practice
- Employment and General Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. - 1998
- Indiana University
- B.S. - 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allen County Bar Association
- Whitley County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Indiana State Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Allen County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, Fort Wayne Valley
- Maumee Lodge No. 725 F.& A.M.
- Board Member, Leo Grabill Little League