Capably Addressing Drunk Driving Charges
The legal consequences for drunk driving can be severe. A capable attorney from Leonard, Hammond, Thoma & Terrill, P.C., can defend you from operating while intoxicated (OWI)/drunk driving charges throughout northeast Indiana. We have an in-depth understanding of drunk driving law, police procedure and the limitations of the scientific testing prosecutors rely upon for conviction. In fact, one of our criminal defense lawyers is certified in standardized field sobriety testing – the same course that members of police departments take. We leverage this expertise when determining the validity and legality of the evidence against our clients.
Partner With An Expert DUI Attorney
You probably know that operating a vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol can result in fines, driver’s license suspension and incarceration – even for a first offense. If and when your driving privileges are restored, your insurance rates will be extremely high. Penalties for a second, a third and every subsequent OWI conviction will become progressively worse.
But do not assume that there is nothing a lawyer can do to help you. Just because you blew .08 or over does not mean that you are guilty. Let an OWI attorney explore all options for defending your case.
- Did the officer have probable cause for stopping your vehicle?
- Was the arrest based on the results of unreliable field sobriety tests?
- Was the officer properly trained in field sobriety testing?
- Was the breath testing unit properly calibrated and in good working order?
- If a blood sample was tested, were the technicians properly trained and was the evidence handled and documented correctly?
Contact Our Team For Knowledgeable Counsel
Don’t wait. Contact our team immediately to minimize the negative consequences of a drunk driving arrest. To learn how we can assist you, please use our contact form or call our Fort Wayne office at 260-564-2711 to schedule a free consultation.