Smoothly Navigating The Complex Process Of Adoption
Adding a new member to your family is an exciting time. We understand how much time and thought goes into making this life-changing decision – and that the complexities of the adoption process can be incredibly frustrating.
The attorneys at Leonard, Hammond, Thoma & Terrill, P.C., have been guiding Indiana families through the adoption process since 1952. We try to make the process as enjoyable as possible, even when it takes a considerable amount of time. Working with an attorney can help your adoption run more smoothly and efficiently, avoiding costly mistakes and reducing your paperwork and time commitment.
We can help with all types of adoption matters, including:
- Deciding on an open or closed adoption
- Facilitating stepparent, grandparent or same-sex adoptions
- Gathering and completing necessary documents
- Completing eligibility questions involving parents, home and finances
- Representing you in court procedures and hearings
- Explaining international adoption processes
- Examining foster family options or domestic adoptions
- Partnering with adoption agencies
Your Family Is Our Top Priority
With Over a Century of combined legal experience, our team has partnered with many unique families. It is our passion to bring families together and help them effectively plan for their future. Our skilled team of attorneys will work alongside you to offer sound legal advice and critical insights into Indiana’s adoption system.
We want you to approach your adoption process with confidence. Our experienced family law attorneys offer a free consultation to discuss your adoption and can help you understand all your options moving forward. Call our Fort Wayne office at 260-564-2711 or schedule your consultation via an online contact form to learn more today.